March 16, 2020
Attorneys/self represented litigants:
The Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals here ordered all courts in Texas to take action to avoid exposing court proceedings to the threat of COVID-19. To accommodate this directive until further notice, all proceedings in the 146th District Court will be subject to the following:
- 1. “Essential hearings” that will be conducted as usual are only for family violence protective orders, temporary restraining orders and other matters approved by the Court.
- 2. Any other hearing will be conducted by telephone only, provided that all parties agree to a telephone hearing. In such instances, the attorneys/self-represented litigants must make arrangements at least one day in advance through the court coordinator, who will provide further instructions.
- 3. If you have a hearing already scheduled, contact the Court Coordinator (by telephone or email) and advise her of your plans. If we do not hear from you your hearing will be removed from the docket.
- 4. All statutory and court imposed deadlines are suspended until further notice.
- 5. Please be patient. We do not like this any more than you. We will attempt to accommodate you as much as we reasonably can.
146th District Court Judge
146th District Court Coordinator